Anna of Sew What tagged me for seven random facts, and I’m going to give it a Christmas twist.
1. The above photo is my brother and I sitting on the Santa-who-could-care-less’s lap, circa early 1970’s.
2. The first marital spat that B. and I experienced was over Christmas. The universal clash of family traditions. As I was wrapping presents one evening he became thoroughly sick of my Christmas overkill. You know, I was wrapping all the packages with drill sergeant precision, and probably had the perfect Christmas cards all picked out with just the right United States Postal Service holiday stamps, and stressing about getting all the right gifts for all the people on my list. Anywhoo, he proceeded to say a naughty word and stomped down to the basement. This proceeded to make me very angry, so I yelled a naughty word down the stairs at him, and started tearing all the perfectly chosen and perfectly spaced Christmas ornaments off the tree with the intention of throwing the tree out in the backyard when I was done. We laugh about it now, and it was our only argument that first year of marriage.
3. I am in my church’s handbell choir and we are performing this Saturday for our little town’s Winterfest. I’m excited and nervous both. And I once had a small solo part in our highschool’s performance of Handel’s Messiah – which is a small miracle in itself as I can’t carry a tune in a bucket!
4. I’m waiting for my 15 pounds of chocolate to arrive so I can make confections, and pack them with drill sergeant precision in these awesome Martha Stewart boxes.
5. When my brother and I were little we would always celebrate at my grandparent’s house with our cousins. One year my grandpa went up in the attic and started stomping around as if Santa had arrived. We all promptly burst into tears.
6. Diane (Mackville Road) and I are the self professed eggnog guzzling queens. And I’m on a quest to find a homemade recipe that is good and less expensive than store bought. But looking at all the recipe ingredient lists I’m not sure a cheaper version is possible. I did find a vegan recipe I’m going to try as well.
7. When it comes to Christmas decorating I’m always torn between sparkly and natural. But I think I’ve figured out a way to have both – GLITTER!! Take your natural pine cones or whatever you have and cover them in glitter. Now take yourself and roll around in some glitter and see if you don’t feel festive immediately.
Feel free to participate in the Christmas version of random facts, and if you want to receive a Christmas card from me just send me your address at b(dot)jackie79(at)yahoo(dot)com. I need to know how many cards to have printed up! Yea, I’ve decided to stuff my inner Scrooge in a back closet. Now I’m off to the Sew Mama Sew giveaway bonanza. *Well, shoot I think the response has crashed their server* As a consolation though they have an easy click button to access their 2008 Handmade Holiday tutorials.