…..in honor of St. Paddie’s Day! I feel this post should have lads and lasses, and four-leafed clovers and Lucky Charms (the cereal of course), and pots of gold at the end. I’m typing this with a thick Irish brogue. For dinner tonight I’m cooking corned beef and cabbage – which I’m sure will be a disaster since I’ve never done it before. Maybe the kids will be too busy drinking their green O’Doul’s to notice. Brian and I may have to get through dinner with our big pints of Guinness. But right now I’m in the mood for a wee bit o’ fun. So, I’m doing my “N” post. I’ve only been meaning to do this for a month now. (Thank you for your patience Trish – cause I’m certain you’ve just been hanging around here waiting for this! : ) ) Again I must bring up the fact that I suck at time management and do not know my limitations when it comes to agreeing to things I have no time for. Enough with the blarney:
10 things I love, that start with the letter N:
- 1,2, & 3. There are three people on the list – my sister-in-law Nancy. And my father Norris, and my son Nate. Popop Norris giving Nate a ride.
- 4. Noodles – specifically Drunken Noodles from Thai House or Zen Zero
- 5. Nudibranches – the colors of these animals are so incredible, I don’t care if they are sea slugs, they are gorgeous!
- 6. Nature – “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you…
while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” ~ John Muir
- 7. My Nikon D60 – I have not even mentioned my extreme love of my new camera yet. There is such a learning curve though. It doesn’t help that I’m number dyslexic, and that the manual settings for the camera involve numbers that to me are bass-ackwards. For example if you want to change the aperature (the opening of the lens) to a larger setting, the number for it is smaller…..there is so much wrong with this system it makes me nearly blind with rage, and aperature is only the beginning. So I’m making up some cheat cards to carry with me. This way I don’t have to keep more anger inducing crap in my head. I can just refer to my cards. My flickr friends have been great resources for information, and I can not say enough about the info on Pioneer Woman‘s site. I have managed to take a few photos that make me see the potential of this camera.
- 8. Ninjas – I’m sure this is universal, love of Ninjas.
- 9. Notebooks – I have stacks of notebooks and love them all. Everything from Jen’s artistic journals, to Doanes to Moleskins to cheapo spiral notebooks. Something about the potential they represent, maybe??
- 10. New boots – You know they were too expensive when I explained to Brian that they were a wardrobe investment. Wardrobe investment?? Must be working he hasn’t yelled at me yet.
- bonus “N” – these Necklaces.
If you want to participate in a wee bit of fun, just let me know and I will randomly assign you a letter! 😀