1. You all! Thank you for the supportive, ecouraging, and wise comments! I’m slowly making my way to answering those emails, it was important for me to hear those words.
3. Bench Monday We’ve had about 1 day of sunshine in the last two weeks so bench monday has been like a ray of sunshine.
4. White Chocolate Cherry Scones. These will bring tears to your eyes, I’m not kidding! The !%&*# Kitchen Fairy has to double the recipe to satisfy the crowd here.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 Cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 Cup toasted, coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup dried sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Cut butter into 1/2″ cubes and cut them into the flour mixture, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl mix together egg, cream & vanilla.
- Add cream mixture to flour mixture and knead until combined, knead in walnuts, white chocolate chips & cherries.
- With lightly floured hands pat into a 9″ circle. Cut circle into 8 wedges. Place close together on baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or til lightly golden.
5. This sweet little dress from Target. I added the red crochet flower.
9. The first batch of lettuce from the garden – erm, there was only enough for one person, so I ate it all. with a splash of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and some salt and pepper. Yum!
10. And school is out in two weeks – and all the kids shouted amen!! Even the grown up stay at home kind of kids!!