At least from my personal point of view. I could make this post all polite and say that these are some of my favorite things at the moment. But I’ve pledged to be authentic, and these are things I WANT!! I’m making out MY Christmas list, throwing all caution and crappy economy to the wind. You know you want to do this too! Go ahead, make a big fat list. It won’t cost you a dime to make a list. Post it around your house, stick it up in your cubicle at work. I’ve made it into a downloadable PDF file Greed Postcard, (!!!!!!! I just learned how to do this – I am a techie queen this morning – unbelievable – seriously unbelievable – obviously I’m a moron with just enough knowledge to be scary!) print it on cardstock, cut it into postcard size and mail it to family and friends. You can use my idea for the backside. If you are truly a sweet, never greedy person you could make a list for your kids with chores you would like them to do. Maybe send it to your significant other with a list of things you would like for your relationship. It’s not that I’m going to call you a liar to your face if you don’t get a case of the gimmes. But come on, if financial executives can spend thousands of dollars on shower curtains and office trash cans then we, the little people, are certainly entitled to unleash our greed monster on occasion. He’s only scary when you keep him in the dark! Share your list – there might be something on yours that I want to add to mine.
And here is my personal list:
- five-year diary saw this on Molly’s blog.
- VOLUTA – a gorgeous laser cut hanging sculpture.
- fuji instax camera – the mod version of the Polaroid camera.
- 50 mm lens
- A subscription to UPPER CASE
- An Amy Rice original.
- At least 10 Japanese craft books/magazines and fabric and ribbon (this is a list of greed after all, why limit it to just one?)
- An immersion blender for making yummy fall and winter soups with.
- A large basket filled with handcrafted cheeses and complimentary wines.
- A gathering of you all – to eat the cheese, drink the wine, gab, craft, admire my Voluta sculpture and have your picture taken with my new Fuji Instax camera.