YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!! Another Sweet Paul recipe. Sometimes wasting time surfing the internet pays off. Not often, but sometimes.
WARM BEAN & ROOT VEGETABLE SALAD
- 26 oz. root vegetables (any mixture – such as beets, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes)
- red onion, chopped to same size as root vegetables
- 3 T. vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. light brown sugar
- 2 C. marinated beans (recipe below)
- 5 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds
- handful of arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and chop vegetables into cubes of equal size. Place in single layer on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables and red onion with oil, vinegar and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on the oven’s middle rack for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the roots are tender, take them out and combine with the marinated beans in a large bowl.
- Place the bean and vegetable mixture on a large serving platter. Scatter crumbled feta, sunflower seeds, and arugula over vegetables.
- 2 C. canned beans, consider using 2 varieties
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C. fresh herbs, your choice (I didn’t use any)
- 1/4 C. virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- grated peel of 1 lemon, and juice of half of the lemon
Combine everything in a medium bowl. Cover, and refrigerate overnight or for several hours before you compose salad.